Flyer Distribution in the Halls
All flyers must be approved by the Department of Housing and Residence Life before they are posted in any residence hall. The guidelines and prior approval process outlined below pertain to bulletin boards and other University-controlled spaces in the residence halls.
- Flyers or other materials may not be posted within the communities except by Department of Housing and Residence Life staff members.
- No items may be hung or displayed outside of a window or anywhere in a building or its adjacent structures (bus stops, benches, etc.).
- Only flyers for recognized university groups and organizations in good standing will be considered for posting. Outside agencies or companies may not submit materials for posting in the residence halls.
- Flyers or other posted material may not contain obscenity, advertise, or endorse conduct or events that would constitute violations of the Rules of Conduct, Department of Housing and Residential Life policies, University policies, and/or federal or state law.
- Due to limited space, flyers or other material to be posted may not exceed 11” x 17”.
- Any item posted in violation of these guidelines will be removed.
To get your flyer approved and displayed:
- Email a pdf version of flyer to the Department of Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email must include the following: Contact person name, Contact phone, Organization/Department name, Contact email address.
- Flyer approval is at the sole discretion of the Housing and Residence Life staff. Appeals will not be accepted.
- Once a PDF of your flyer is approved for distribution, you will receive a reply email authorizing your flyer for delivery. A copy of the reply email must be provided when delivering flyers for distribution. Your approval email will include approved quantities of flyers. The flyers you submit should be counted, separated and labeled as instructed and delivered to the Housing Administration Building front desk.
- DHRL will not be responsible for providing copies.
- If original signs are found to be altered after approval has been provided, posting privileges for the office, organization or individual will be revoked for the remainder of the academic year.
Students or organizations wishing to promote events campus-wide can utilize many avenues of distribution. The Office of Student Involvement provides a great resource page for promotion information here.
Housing Tabling Policy
All tabling in housing locations must be approved in advance by the Department of Housing and Residence Life and must meet the guidelines below to be considered. Requests will be reviewed and replied to via email. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Only university departments and professional organizations may request to table. Retail vendors, off campus entities, student groups (including registered student organizations) are not eligible to table. This list is not exhaustive and requests will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Tabling will be limited to outdoor community spaces regardless of weather conditions.
- Tabling requests are for space usage only. Tables, chairs, tents and other accessories are the responsibility of the requester and must be approved in advance.
- Sales and solicitation of donations are not permitted as part of tabling
- Amplified sound is not permitted during tabling
- Tabling must occur in the reserved space, and may not expand beyond a 10’x10’ area
- Tabling cannot block building entrances, major pathways, or emergency escape routes
- Catering or distribution of food items are not permitted during tabling
- Spaces may be reserved Monday-Friday between the hours of 10AM and 4PM
- Tabling reservations may be made no more than 6 months in advance
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of the preferred date
- Organizations or departments may reserve no more than 3 tabling dates per semester, not including tabling at housing-hosted events like move-in
- Departments or organizations are not permitted to table in order to promote or in the interest of a third party (vendor, business, politician, student organization, etc.)
- Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or No-Shows will result in cancellation of future tabling reservations
- Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to cancel future tabling reservations of organizations that do not follow the established tabling guidelines
Knightflix Video Submission Policy
All videos submitted for inclusion in the Knightflix on-campus residential movie channel must meet the guidelines below in order to be considered. Requests for inclusion will be reviewed by housing staff on an individual basis and replied to via email. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only university colleges, departments and professional organizations may submit videos for inclusion. Retail vendors, off campus entities, student groups (including registered student organizations) are not eligible to submit video content. This list is not exhaustive and requests will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Videos must be no longer than 1 minute, 30 seconds in length.
- Videos must be captioned.
- Videos may not be submitted which promote or are in the interest of a third party (vendor, business, politician, student organization, etc.).
- Appropriateness and suitability of video quality and content will be evaluated by Housing and Residence Life staff and all decisions regarding video approval are at the sole discretion of Housing and Residence Life. Appeals of video rejection will not be accepted.
- To submit a video for consideration, email a link to the video to email@example.com. Do not email video files. Videos must be hosted online for evaluation purposes.
- Submissions should be made at least 2 weeks prior to the requested play date(s).
- Once a video has been approved for inclusion, you will receive email instructions for sending the video file(s).
- Videos may be played for no more than 2 continuous weeks.
- Departments or Organizations may submit no more than 3 videos per semester.