Interested in becoming a move in volunteer this fall and receiving free early move in?
The Department of Housing and Residence Life (DHRL) offers a “Move-in Ambassador” program each fall to help parents, families, and students get oriented and settled into their new space. This is a student-driven service; the number of ambassadors depend on the number of students who sign up. Ambassadors who are also living on campus can earn a waiver for the early move-in fee. To receive this waiver, ambassadors must work four shifts throughout the three-day move-in period. Each shift is two hours, for a total of eight required hours.
Ambassador tasks include unloading cars, moving items, giving directions, providing refreshments and other move-in related tasks. Benefits include: early move-in, meeting new people on campus, and taking advantage of the full UCF experience!
Move-in ambassadors are required to attend a move-in training. Trainings run approximately two hours and take place two days before general fall move-in. Move-in day expectations and t-shirts are provided here.
Interest Form Submission Process
The interest form opens immediately after spring closing and closes on August 1st.
The interest form can be found online here.
After completion, keep an eye on your email and follow the directions you will receive via the email you listed on your interest form.
Prior to move-in weekend
- Submit your interest form online.
- Confirm your participation by responding to the confirmation email.
- You will receive your schedule via email.
- Attend mandatory training session two days before the start of general move-in. For example, if the first day of general move-in is Friday, the mandatory training session will occur on Wednesday. Your confirmation email will indicate a specific meeting time/location.
- Pick-up your move-in ambassador t-shirt at the mandatory meeting.
- Sign-in at your assigned ambassador location for scheduled shifts.
- Sign-out at your assigned ambassador location for scheduled shifts.
Note: Student organization members MUST wear the shirt that we provide but can wear other group paraphernalia (hats, etc.). If you are a returning ambassador, please wear the shirt provided in previous years.
Ambassadors will need to complete their full shifts for their move-in fees to be waived. If an ambassador does not complete their shifts or is asked to leave as a result of their conduct, their early move-in fees will not be waived.
Move-in ambassadors will:
- Attend a mandatory training meeting
- Show up on time to assigned shifts
- Wear the provided move-in ambassador t-shirt during the shifts
- Speak positively about UCF and Housing and Residence Life
- Speak positively about all student organizations
- Seek out families and students to help
- Listen to and respect all Housing and Residence Life staff and their requests
- Communicate appropriately if you are unable to participate
- Sign in and sign out accurately
- Have fun and enjoy the day
Move-in ambassadors will not:
- Invite students to parties or social gatherings on or off campus
- Distribute information about an event or organization
- Discuss topics involving drugs, alcohol, partying, etc.
- Bring non-registered guests to volunteer with you
- Hang out with other ambassadors and ignore students and families
If an ambassador is unable to consistently meet these expectations, they will not receive an early move-in fee waiver.
|Move-in Ambassador Form Opens||5/7/2018|
|Move-in Ambassador Form Closes||8/1/2018|
|Move-in Ambassadors Notified (staff and ambassadors)||8/8/2018|
|Early Move-in Period for Move-in Ambassadors||8/12/2018-8/15/2018|
|Move-in Ambassador Training||8/15/2018|
|Move-in Ambassador Shifts||8/17/2018-8/19/2018|