Interested in becoming a move in volunteer this summer/fall and receiving free early move in?
During move-in, parents, families, and students need help getting oriented and settled into their new space. The Department of Housing and Residence Life (DHRL) offers a “Move-In Volunteer” program which assists in this process. All volunteers must sign up individually, but may also choose to represent a campus organization on the application. We will do our best to pair group members together for the assigned community. Volunteers who are also living on campus can earn a waiver for the early move-in fee. To receive this waiver, volunteers must work three shifts during Summer B move-in and/or four shifts during Fall move-in.
Volunteers are essential to the move-in process as they assist students with getting situated in their new environment, provide information about getting involved on campus, and help with making the new residents feel welcome to the UCF community. Tasks of volunteers include unloading cars, moving items, giving directions, providing refreshments and other move-in related tasks. Benefits include: early move-in, meeting new people on campus, and taking advantage of the full UCF experience!
Resident move-in volunteers will need to arrive on June 22, 2017, for Summer B and August 16, 2017, for Fall by 12 noon. Move-in volunteer training is mandatory for all and will take place on June 22, 2017 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm for Summer B and on August 16, 2017 for Fall.
The volunteer application for Summer B will be available May 1st-June 1st.
The volunteer application for Fall 2017 will be available July 1st-August 1st.
All applications can be found online here
After completing your application, please keep an eye on your email and follow the directions you will receive via the email you listed on your application.
- Register online
- Confirm your participation by responding to the confirmation email
- Attend mandatory training session on June 22nd and/or August 16th
- Pick-up your move-In volunteer t-shirt at the mandatory meeting
- Sign-in at your assigned volunteer location
- Sign-out at your assigned volunteer location
Note: Student Organization members must wear the shirt that we provide but can wear other group paraphernalia (hats, etc.). If you are a returning volunteer, please wear the shirt provided in previous years.
Volunteers will need to complete their full shifts for their move in fees to be waived. If a volunteer does not complete their shifts or is asked to leave as a result of their conduct, their early move-in fees will not be waived.
Move-in Volunteers will:
- Attend a mandatory training meeting
- Show up on time to assigned shift
- Wear the provided Move-In Volunteer t-shirt during the shift(s)
- Speak positively about UCF and Housing and Residence Life
- Speak positively about all student organizations
- Seek out families and students to help
- Listen to and respect all Housing and Residence Life staff and their requests
- Communicate appropriately if you are unable to participate
- Sign in and sign out accurately
- Have fun and enjoy the day
Move-in Volunteers will not:
- Invite students to parties or social gatherings on or off campus
- Distribute information about an event or organization
- Discuss topics involving drugs, alcohol, partying, etc.
- Bring non-registered guests to volunteer with you
- Hang out with other volunteers and ignore students and families
If a volunteer is unable to consistently meet these expectations, they will not receive an early move-in fee waiver.