To view information about our mission, vision, goals, and our Statement on Diversity, please visit our about page.
The Department of Housing and Residence Life employs Housing Ambassadors (HAs) who are responsible for conducting daily tours of housing facilities, staffing three of the department’s main front desk areas, and assisting with special events for marketing on-campus housing.
- Preferred: students who currently live on-campus at UCF (Apollo, Libra, Lake Claire, Nike, Hercules, Towers or Rosen Apartments) or who have had one or more years experience living on campus.
- Preferred: students with current valid Driver's Licenses.
- Be in good academic and conduct standing with the university.
- Be in good standing with the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at time of hire.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about UCF and the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Ability to effectively and positively represent UCF and the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Lead tours for prospective students and families during regularly scheduled tour times (M-F 12pm and 4pm).
- Conduct walking tour to showcase housing communities and tour rooms.
- Positively discuss the facilities and amenities offered in housing.
- Positively discuss personal experiences living on campus.
- Staff Housing Administration Building front desk during normal business hours.
- Greet visitors and students as they enter the Housing Administration Building.
- Respond appropriately and helpfully to questions and concerns from students, visitors and families.
- Refer students, visitors and families to applicable campus resources as needed.
- Assist with basic office tasks such as preparing mailing, answering phones and making deliveries.
- Assist with Open House days (Saturdays) for prospective students.
- Lead tours for prospective students and families during Open House dates.
- Help to train Resident Assistant staff on how to give tours during Open Houses.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with recruitment and training of new staff.
- Work 12-20 hours a week on average.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum wage
- Opportunity for raises with continued employment and excellent performance evaluation
- Housing and Residence Life clothing
- Excellent leadership, communications, customer service, and public speaking experience
- Guaranteed space in on-campus housing for following year, if performance is excellent and employment continues into following year
The selection process for the Housing Ambassador position generally takes place each summer. The first step of the process will be filling out an online application and two short answer essay questions. Candidates will then be selected for in-person interviews and the notified of their hired status after all interviews are completed. More specific information and dates about the hiring process will be posted here when the position is opened for application.